Friday, March 18, 2011

Trot trot...

I just recently (and finally) signed up for one of those community walk groups created by the Heart Foundation!
I didn't think my exercise regime was tough enough. So when I heard about it from my awesome friend Tessa, who joined a walk at another time and location, I just had to sign up. These walks are led by volunteer organisers and the walks vary in difficulty and duration, which makes it really easy finding one to suit your normal activity levels - even if they're lower than a Crazy Crabs'. Lucky me!

I picked a group that jogs around a lake. Or what used to be a lake. Now it's just a sandy crater with green/brown things sprouting all over and around it. The few other members of the group were such wonderful people. We were from all walks of life and backgrounds, so the conversations we had were varied and full of experience. They were also very fit with a zest for life and the environment... and over 50 years old.

Talk about putting me to shame.

Here's a little view of the path:


More on Muscular Dystophy:
Facioscapulohumeral MD. Facioscapulohumeral refers to the muscles that move the face, shoulder blade, and upper arm bone. This form of muscular dystrophy appears in the teens to early adulthood and affects males and females. It progresses slowly, with short periods of rapid muscle deterioration and weakness. Severity ranges from very mild to completely disabling. Walking, chewing, swallowing, and speaking problems can occur. About 50% of sufferers can walk throughout their lives. Sufferers usually live a normal life span.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002172#adam_001190.disease.causes

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger.

This is a blog about a challenging mountain trek for charity, loving living life and eating good food.

About Me

My photo
Hello there!
This is my blog for Challenge MD! The Mont Blanc Trekking Challenge 2011! My name's Yvonne from WA, Aust.
I'm doing this trek at Mt Blanc to raise awareness and funds for Muscular Dystrophy sufferers.

But what's my motive?

Bcause I can.

Followers