Thursday, October 27, 2011

Geneva Farmers Market

The first morning I had in Geneva, I decided not to stay in for breakfast, but to have a little solo walk outside to explore the streets. Early and hungry, I was hoping to search for some local fare.

Walking around, I found that most of the stores were closed. (fonduee...!) But undejected, i forged on... when out the corner of my eye, I saw something explosively colourful - a FARMER'S MARKET!!! I actually ran towards it across the main roads, as excited as I was. Please don't follow my example and ignore incoming traffic, it's not very smart.

The market had jars of jam, cheese, ham, flowers, bread, fruits, vegetables... etc, etc. All fresh and waited by friendly Genevians. I wanted to buy each of everything but my bag was too small and I knew they wouldn't last. Still, I got some bread and cheese with my horrid messed-up french.

"Quel le fromage est avec la fondue?"
She paused, smiled and said something while giving me a large packet of shredded Gruyere. I asked again, haltingly, if there was a smaller packet. No? Okay.

I hope i didn't offend anyone.
Yum!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger.

This is a blog about a challenging mountain trek for charity, loving living life and eating good food.

About Me

My photo
Hello there!
This is my blog for Challenge MD! The Mont Blanc Trekking Challenge 2011! My name's Yvonne from WA, Aust.
I'm doing this trek at Mt Blanc to raise awareness and funds for Muscular Dystrophy sufferers.

But what's my motive?

Bcause I can.

Followers