Friday, October 21, 2011

Geneva, Hotel Residence St. James

While we waited for the rest of the trekkers to arrive in the city, we took the opportunity to run errands and a little tour of the streets were taken.

There were a lot of cyclists, as expected because the streets were absolutely clogged with cars. It was so relaxing, with all the locals speaking french everywhere, walking their dogs or sitting on the grass for a picnic on the jetty.

There were white swans! And a carousel! I haven't seen white swans in years - all the swans where I come from were black, and beautiful as they are, you just can't beat the graceful classics.

After walking around, we had dinner at an Italian pizzeria. I was totally unoriginal... Mushroom pizza and coke?! I could feel my italian speaking relative sigh. It was fantastic though!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger.

This is a blog about a challenging mountain trek for charity, loving living life and eating good food.

About Me

My photo
Hello there!
This is my blog for Challenge MD! The Mont Blanc Trekking Challenge 2011! My name's Yvonne from WA, Aust.
I'm doing this trek at Mt Blanc to raise awareness and funds for Muscular Dystrophy sufferers.

But what's my motive?

Bcause I can.

Followers