Sunday, June 12, 2011

Charity Dinner - Success!!

I was so nervous for all of the 2 weeks leading up to my Charity Fundraising Dinner.
What if the food was undercooked? What if everyone felt bored or awkward? What if NOBODY SHOWS UP?!

I had decided to hold a dinner (with an invite to all my friends and colleagues) with an European theme, and blustered about looking for the perfect place and I found it - Pancakes & Grill on James St! The owners were kind enough for allow me to create a set menu - Savoury Crepes for mains, Delectable Pancakes for dessert and a drink to follow it down with. I prepared a fun little quiz for all my guests, a homemade food hamper to raffle off and a speech - for those who didn't know what they were there for. With all things ready, I held my breath, crossed my fingers and forced myself to chill.

RESULT - It was magical

I owe it all to my wonderful guests - they were such an amazing bunch of outgoing, happy people.
I love you guys.


Yum Crepes!!!
Pocket full of Chicken. (& mushrooms n cheese n more yums)
*Grins*
Blackforest Cherry
Digging in to Dessert~
CONGRATULATIONS KATIE! Winner of Food Hamper Raffle.
Winding down with a smile
 Thank you to all those who supported me during my fundraising and this dinner itself too!

!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10 MORE DAYS TO TREKKING MONT BLANC !!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger.

This is a blog about a challenging mountain trek for charity, loving living life and eating good food.

About Me

My photo
Hello there!
This is my blog for Challenge MD! The Mont Blanc Trekking Challenge 2011! My name's Yvonne from WA, Aust.
I'm doing this trek at Mt Blanc to raise awareness and funds for Muscular Dystrophy sufferers.

But what's my motive?

Bcause I can.

Followers